John B. Baird
Computer Forensic Portfolio
Currently Seeking Employment
Open to relocation
johnbairdpc at gmail dot com
These reports are written consistent in accordance to recommendations found in Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders by the National Institute of Justice. Some data formatting changes occurred when posting the reports online from the original Word Document reports. The data and evidence examination is real but the victims and crimes were fictitious for training purposes.
Bachelor's of Applied Science, Computer Forensics
• Champlain, 2018
Real Digital Forensics Computer Security and Incident and Response - Keith J. Jones, Richard Bejtlich, Curtis W. Rose
Computer Forensics and Essential Guide for Accountants, Layers and Managers - Michael Sheetz
Essentials of Criminal Law - Neil C. Chamelin, Andrew Thomas
Criminal Justice Today: An Introductory Text for the Twenty First Century - Frank J. Schmalleger
Criminal Investigation Basic Perspectives - Charles A. Lushbaugh, Paul B. Weston
Constitutional Values: Governmental Powers and Individual Freedoms - Daniel E. Hall, John P. Feldmeier
State and Local Government: The Essentials - Ann O’M. Bowman, Richard C. Kearney
Managing eDiscovery and ESI: From Pre-Litigation to Trial - Michael D. Berman, Courtney Ingraffia Barton, Paul W. Grimm
Information Security Principles and Practices - Mark Merkow, Jim Breithaupt
John B. Baird
Bradenton, FL 34207 • 941-363-1144 • johnbairdpc at gmail dot com
Open to relocation with ten years of information technology experience and self-educated knowledge. Proficient with a variety of IT tools and techniques used in collecting, analyzing and reporting on the electronic / digital evidence of criminal cases. Available for security clearance, effective communicator and a fast learner of new emerging technologies.
Bachelor’s of Applied Science, Computer Forensics
Champlain • 2018
Learning iOS Forensics, Mattia Epifani & Pasquale Stirparo, Packt Publishing, 2015
Skills and Qualifications
Forensic tools mentioned were physically used during mock forensic investigation cases.
• Forensic Techniques: EnCE EnCase Certified Examiner (in progress), Evidence preservation, imaging, hash computation, evidence investigation, network analysis, intrusion detection, eDiscovery, file carving, signature analysis, encryption, stenography, legal precedence, interim report writing
• Forensic Tools: EnCase, FTK, Oxygen Forensics, WireShark, HashTool, Backtrack, Autopsy, Snort, Cellebrite, XRY, Volatility, FTK Imager, RegRipper, Oxygen Forensics
• Operating Systems: Windows, OS X, Linux Ubuntu, Linux Backtrack, iOS, Android, PlayStation, Xbox
• IT Techniques: Adding and removing hardware, building PCs, network cabling, racking servers, router and switch programming, VoIP installation
• IT Tools: VMWare, Exchange, MySQL, Lotus Notes, Avaya, Merlin, Fusion, TechBuddy, Google Apps, McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise, Bombard, Altiris, BMC Remedy ticketing
Forensic Compliant: Daubert standard, Frye standard, National Institute of Justice standard
John Baird PC, Bradenton, FL • Self-employed IT Technician • 2002 - Present
Professionally served technical needs of residents and small-medium businesses including professions; doctors, dentists and private schools. Offered training, consulting, networking, security, servers, mobile devices and software for high profile clients such as Raymond James Financial Services.
Wells Fargo, Lakeland, FL • Contractual IT Technician • 2011
Administrated on-site technical support and server racking of multiple locations for transition from Wachovia to Wells Fargo merger.
Smith & Nephew, St. Petersburg, FL • Contractual IT Technician • 2011
Supported IT department during a zero-day virus outbreak effecting network-wide computers of 300+ enterprise users.
AOL - Computer Generated Solutions, Tampa, FL • IT Technician • 2010 - 2011
Effectively provided tier 1, 2 & 3 technical support for AOL server and client user issues using software VoIP, remote desktop management and virtual machine tools in a metric-driven environment.